[thelist] Mapquest.com's printer-friendly auto-format/print thang

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Sun Feb 4 18:33:37 CST 2001

> if you print the "Print" button on their page, their site/script
> automatically formats a printer-friendly page completely in the
> background [without ever displaying it], and then prints this
> non-displayed page.

This might be the easiest way, and it's supported by IE, but last I checked
about a year ago it's not supported in NN 4 -- don't know about NN 6.  Also
Mac support was spotty too as I recall.  The newest browsers might provide
better support.

<link rel="alternate" media="print" href="alternate_page.html">

Bob Haroche

O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
P.O. Box 694
Occidental, Ca  95465