[thelist] Cold fusion hosting + learning php

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Mon Feb 5 11:51:40 CST 2001

Darwin Peltan wrote:

> Also can anybody recommend a good book for learning
> php as I'm looking to make the switch.

PHP essentials from Prima Tech and
PHP3 Programming Browser-Based Applications from McGraw Hill.

Even though the last title is a PHP3 book it has a very good look at the
essentials and is a pretty well thought out book with useful examples.

As to making the switch I use them both and I think that its far more useful
to have both languages available as it then gives you a wider range of
skills to bring to a task.

Best tool for the job type comments apply.

--

       PROGRAM
       N.    - A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to

       email: zac at pixelgeek.com
       WWW: http://www.pixelgeek.com/