networking if you're <21 (was: RE: OT Re: [thelist] Boston drinki es)

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Mon Feb 5 13:36:37 CST 2001

> > I've found that if you're under 21 it's hard to make
> > friends because you can't go out and drink with your
> > co-workers or list-mates, whatever the case may be,
>
> There are lots of coffeehouses (tip o' the hat to Howard
> Schultz) and if
> alcohol is considered an absolute must, why not a restaurant that does
> serve spirits?

when I irc'd a lot, that's how we'd get together (GTG!) and still have a
place for the <21 yr olds. --We'd meet at TGI Friday's er somethin and meet
over dinner instead of just 'drinks' ... worked well... and there's always
someone opening up their front door instead of going out somewheres....

<tip type="SSL, IIS">
running SSL over multiple ports (the only way you can use the same IP
address with multiple SSL sites in IIS) ?

if your URL ends in a trailing slash, you're fine. If you type in the URL
withOUT the trailing slash (for directories, or the root), IIS will append
the port number to the URL when it redirects to the trailing slash. Weird,
but true. Example:

https://secure.myserver.com/

is okay. if you enter:

https://secure.myserver.com

IIS redirects and makes it:

https://secure.myserver.com:1443/

(1443 being whatever port you have it running on)

</tip>

sgd