[thelist] Including CGI output.

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Mon Feb 5 15:41:39 CST 2001

>I'm testing a CGI interface between WebSTAR and 4D and IIS and 4D.

Hi, David --

If you're calling the include on a page served by WebSTAR, have you tried
using "script" in your include instead of "cgi"?

<!--#exec script="/path/to/script.cgi"-->

instead of

<!--#exec cgi="/path/to/script.cgi"-->

caveat: I don't know much about this topic, just that "script" is a viable
alternative for calling a cgi script with WebSTAR SSI, as long as it's a
stand-alone and tagged .cgi or .acgi. If it's got a different tag, you have
to use "cgi" in the #exec tag.

Is Lasso involved in this at all? Because Lasso can screw up includes faster
than snot on ice. Basically, if the page is touched at all by Lasso, you
have to use *Lasso* includes rather than WebSTAR SSI includes.

David