[thelist] Including CGI output.

Marty Landman marty at face2interface.com
Mon Feb 5 15:58:39 CST 2001

At 04:26 PM 2/5/01, David Adams wrote:

>I'm testing a CGI interface between WebSTAR and 4D and IIS and 4D. The CGI
>interface works correctly when called from a URL. The same arguments cause
>hideous crashes when called from an include.

I don't know your platforms, I've only used SSI on Apache. So your best bet
might be to pursue the platform specifics with someone knowledgeable in
that area. If you want though, another approach might be to just turn your
page into a dynamic one.

Soo, if you have a static page at mypage.html on the server, with a dynamic
include in the middle of it, you could just have the program read the
static page, generate the include text and stick it in the right spot and
then print the whole thing out to the client.

Make sense?

Marty