[thelist] Including CGI output.

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Mon Feb 5 17:03:37 CST 2001

>I've just retried cgi/script and include virtual with WebSTAR using the
>demos they ship. None of them work using W* 4.2 or the 4.4 beta. I'm going

Umm... this might sound like a stupid question, but did you actually turn on
include processing in your admin settings? WebSTAR installs with this turned
off by default. The other thing to check is that you have your script in a
place that WebSTAR can access it. Another option in the admin control panel
is to restrict includes to the /cgi-bin/ssi/ directory. You can use an alias
to that cgi anywhere on the server, but the script/include itself has to be
in that directory. That's also turned on by default.

>P.S. I have WebSTAR and IIS (under NT4 SP6a) running here for testing. I
can

WebSTAR's implementation of SSI wasn't completely standard (as of 4.3,
anyway). They added a few things and dropped some stuff. I don't know if
this is something that 4D has plans to address or not. If you don't *have*
to have WebSTAR in the mix, that might be your best solution.

David