[thelist] Old Shockwave installers

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Mon Feb 5 17:05:37 CST 2001

Sorry for the delay... try:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

There are also some older Macromedia Flash Players available as the top hit
with search term "old player archive".

A new movie with old player won't play... IE/Win can auto-update its
players, but other browsers would show a "this file is too new, you should
upgrade" message.

For this project, I empathize... it's hard to troubleshoot an older piece
that you didn't write yourself. The crux could be located in any of many
places, depending on what the original author did... hard to isolate a
problem after the fact, but I know you know that already.... :(

jd