[thelist] evolt's 404 problem.

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Feb 6 10:05:37 CST 2001

ya, tried a couple things with that tag yesterday actually.. when you
return a name and value with cfheader using apache though, you end up
with two HTTP response codes:

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:10:22 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) @PACKAGE@/@VERSION@
HTTP/1.1: 200 OK

and of course, using cfheader to modify the text of the status code
doesn't do much good either..

the other problem is that once we return a 200 code, its no longer a 404
and therefore, doesn't parse our custom 404 template(if that makes
sense..) chicken before the egg kinda deal..

any other thoughts?

.djc.