[thelist] converting pantone to hexadecimal

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Tue Feb 6 12:43:37 CST 2001

Charlie Ulyatt wrote:
> thanks .... tried it, but can't get the exact colour ... I presumed that
> there would be somewhere I could enter the pantone code and it would give me
> the hex or rgb code ....

"Exact" is a word you're going to have to get used to *not* using when
describing the relationships between an original color and it's
conversion to rgb, cmyk, hexachrome, hsb, etc. They are different
colorspaces and they have different kinds of capabilities and ranges.

Check:
  http://www.colormatters.com/entercolormatters.html
  http://www.visibone.com/
And the usenet FAQ - very deep: