[thelist] [OT] just a random tip

April april at farstrider.org
Tue Feb 6 16:17:31 CST 2001

I'm proud of myself for figuring out a tip - please don't make me think of
something off topic too.  Apply it to the Chicago person or something. :P

<tip type="PHP">
When using cookies for something halfway important, be wary of using the
simple variable method, even if PHP does make it easy.  If you use
$random_cookie and just expect it to be there, you don't know if it came
from a cookie or from some evil rodent putting ?random_cookie="malicious
value" in the url bar.  Use $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS["random_cookie"] instead.
</tip>