[thelist] Javascript: tricky closing of window

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Tue Feb 6 17:15:31 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Tab Alleman wrote:

> hmmmm... if it were opened from a page in a frame, would:
>
> window.opener.parent.close()  work?
>
> ...just a thet.

Logically, it should.  Since when, however, have you ever known a browser
to approach things logically?

I s'pose it should be tested... though when everything is said and done
that's at about No. 48 on my To Do List... :-)

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large
persist1 at io.com

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."
"We will disguise ourselves as a cow."
"Oh!" (giggles) "That was it exactly!"