[thelist] File Maker Pro

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 17:24:36 CST 2001

Dear All
            Posted this a couple of hours ago and haven't seen it come up
yet so apologies if this appears twice.  I have been asked by my boss to do
some database work for him
from home. Because he has an Imac he bought File Maker Pro to do it with.
Unfortunately I work on a PC at home and I can install the program on my
machine but what I need to know is this: if I do some work on my PC and then
either e-mail it to him or put it up on our site for him to download, will
he be able to use it on his machine? I am aware that several Microsoft
products are available for the Mac but I'm not sure if the results from a PC
will be usable on a Mac and vice versa. If this is not the case then he said
he will buy me an Imac to work on, or I could write a program and store the
database on the web, but neither of these situations are ideal. Can anyone
help me out here?

Thanks

Kev