[thelist] Apparently I Owe One

Rebekah Murphy bekah at nightvisions.com
Tue Feb 6 23:06:31 CST 2001

matthew garrett wrote:

> <warning>
> I've tried similar schemes, and various browsers (IE on Mac for one, i
> think) will end up with partial images if the user clicks through before the
> graphic finishes loading. Even if they re-load the page, it's still partial.
>
> Not pretty. i gave up without finding any adequate solution.
> </warning>

Hmmm... I use this all the time and have never had a problem with it on
my Mac. It might be a cache issue in your browser.

And I owe a tip for my contribution to the "drinkies" thread.

<tip type="javascript" author="Bekah">
Certain browsers choking on what should be a simple script? Get rid of
the spaces. Yeah, sure they may make your code look cleaner, but
sometimes (value,value2,value3;) will fix all the quirky problems you
were having with (value, value2, value3;)
</tip>

-Bekah