[thelist] international friendly form

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Wed Feb 7 09:43:31 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: John Handelaar [mailto:john at userfrenzy.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 6:10 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: RE: [thelist] international friendly form

At this point I should draw the honourable member's
attention to (sssshhhh) Jakob Nielsen's research about
what proportion of people fill out detailed address
forms.

My own additional tuppenyworth would suggest that
the forms are bad enough - but if you start putting
near-Fascist JS traps all over it [You VILL FILL OUT
ZIS FORM CORRECTLY] then I'm outta there faster than
you can say 'Barrier to entry'.

------Response-------
Is JS Validation really all that bad?
I also have some ColdFusion pre-processing/post-submission
code as well, such as stripping spaces and dashes, etc
from phone and fax numbers. But to verify the email address
has an @ and at least one dot, or the country is filled in
if required, how can that be fascist?