[thelist] Form Results in Pop-Up Window?

Sabrina Dent, Apperception Ltd. sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 02:05:31 CST 2001

Greetings, all...

I have a form. The <form action="loads of stuff"> carries lots of parameters
to another server where the form results are actually delivered.

However, I want to put this results page in a pop-up window on submit to
make it look OK with the parameters available to me. I can't seem to do the
pop-up thing.

I am trying the following (which I basically made up, my javascript skills
being poo)...

<head><SCRIPT>
<!--//
function openwin() {
window.open("","x",'toolbar=1,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,sc
rollbars=1,width=450,height=400,resizable=1');

}
}
/ / -->
</head>

<form action="loads of stuff" method="post" nSubmit="openwin() target=" x">
<input TYPE="submit"  BORDER="0" VALUE="Submit" ALT="Click here to search"
WIDTH="60" HEIGHT="30">
</form>

...but I'm getting an error message saying it's expecting a ;

The actual page is at http://www.plumworks.org.uk/working/jobs.htm

Any clues? I'd really like to make this work if poss...

--Bri
<tip>
If you've never used screen rulers before, check out these tools to help you
measure screen pixles--very handy concept once you get used to it.

http://www.iconico.com/caliper/  - Screen Caliper
http://www.fabsoft.com - Cool Ruler
http://www.microfox.com/  - Screen Ruler
</tip>