[thelist] ASP and WML/WAP

Tab Alleman talleman at autobex.com
Thu Feb 8 09:49:31 CST 2001

(By enclosing your main code in a Sub ("MainSub") which you then call, you
get access to the all important "Exit Sub" bit, that stops processing. The
function, merely passes the new URL into a WML page which automatically
forwards it and, when entered from somewhere forward in the stack, redirects
backwords. The page is thus, essentially invisible.)

I used to do this (enclose the main script in a sub for exiting purposes)
all the time until I discovered good ol' "Response.End"  Does this also not
work on WAP phones?  Is there a better time to use one over the other on
plain old www pages do you think, or is it pretty much a matter of personal
preference?