[thelist] Looking for web acronym dictionary URL

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Feb 8 12:38:31 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Looking for web acronym dictionary URL

> > From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
> >
> > > Can anyone point me to a url containing a list of web
programming/design
> > > terms, which specifically includes all the acronyms we toss around?
ASP,
> > > PHP, SQL, DHTML, XHTML, etc etc... Thanks!
> >
> > [deletia - incorrect reply posted by moi]
>
> methinks you replied to the wrong post... there's a thread about
> this on MJ, so it looks like you mis-clicked...

<homer> d'oh </homer> :)

i have _no_ idea how I managed that :)

> but get, at least you offered up some handy info on creating the
> little icon that IE5/win users see on some sites and on those sites'
> bookmarks...

heh - mebbe I should wrap that up as a tip - i owe a few :)

<tip type="IE5 Favourites Icon">
To allow Windows IE users to gain a natty icon when they bookmark (or
add a favourite) for your site, simply do the following:

save a 16x16 16-color Windows BMP file called favicon.ico in the root of
your web.  Every favourite made after you do this will have the icon
attached.  Look at http://www.favicon.com/ for more info and a quick Java
icon editor.
</tip>

this has probably been tipped before tho :(

--
  ___  ___ __ _________  |         William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro
 / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ | "This is your life, and it's ending one minute