[thelist] Images dimensions in CSS?

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Thu Feb 8 12:56:31 CST 2001

Andy,

> Since the main reason for using CSS is to seperate content from
> presentation, should CSS be used in place of of width and height
attributes
> for images?

	I've done this on our IE 4/5 Intranet, and it works just fine.
However, backwards-compatibility in the wild would be a very real concern.
Additionally, width and height as attributes of the img element are *not*
deprecated as they are for certain other elements, so there is no
standards-compliance argument for dropping them from your html markup.

James Aylard