[thelist] What prog. language to focus on???

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Thu Feb 8 18:00:32 CST 2001

I'd mention that Perl is probably the most successful at 'code reuse' ala
the modules available on CPAN. There's a pretty good chance that if you want
to do something it perl, it's been done before, and somewhere you'll find
the code to do it. Perl is probably the most cross-platform language (after
BASIC) running on dozens of operating systems.

Not a day goes by I don't use perl for something...

(Python is nice too ;)

Pete