[thelist] A No-Brainer Tip

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Thu Feb 8 18:56:32 CST 2001

I'm know this one's been pointed out numerous times (I think *I* may have
posted it a long time ago), but it bears repeating, and it came up again
today.

<tip type="Customer Relationship Management" author="David Wagner">

When developing a website, sketch out the process first. Know what point
you're at in the process at any given time. If you're at a point where the
client can see the site, make sure any test data or content on the site is
appropriate and useful. Don't put anything on the site that isn't
completely and totally related.

Everyone copies stuff they've written from one site to another, but make
sure you change the information _first_. Run, don't walk, to make the site
as presentable as possible _before_ anyone besides you sees it. Pretend
it's a live site from the moment you start working on it.

If you do this right, you'll never know it. If you do it wrong, you'll
spend valuable time explaining yourself, and you might lose clients in the
process.

</tip>

--

David Wagner