[thelist] FileSystemObject in ASP

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Thu Feb 8 19:29:34 CST 2001

detrimental? prolly not. significant? prolly. More overhead than a db
operation? Nope.

It would less overhead to assume it is there and have ASP logic to handle
the case(s) when it isn't ...

but as far as concrete numbers, I don't have any, but it does incur a load
(creating an object per page, hitting the filesystem every page). I'd
speculate that the load isn't too terrible, but I'd rather work my logic
like my suggestion above just to make sure I'm as lean as possible....

either way you're checking on every page, I'd say its a judgement call on
where you do it (with the FSO exists method or with the ASP script)

sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/
non: http://thinksafely.org/