[thelist] Outlook Rules extension programs?

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Fri Feb 9 08:53:31 CST 2001

We use Outlook throughout the company. Most people are using either Outlook
97 or Outlook 98.
I am using Outlook 2000, and sometime this calendar year, the IS department
will migrate
everyone to Office 2000...but until then, we need a solution.

The problem is, all incoming web leads from form submissions get sent to a
particular
mailbox. The person in charge of distributing those leads to the applicable
sales reps is not using Outlook 2000. I know in Outlook 2000 that I can use
the Rules Wizard to "redirect" a message, even though I can not get
"redirect"
to work as an alternative to "forward" when not in the Wizard and just
working
with a message manually.

So, question #1: Can "redirect" work in Outlook 2000 manually if not using
the Rules Wizard?

Question #2: My boss suggested a program at
http://www.ornicusa.com/add-ins/exlife.shtml
which is an addon program to Outlook. While one of its features is redirect,
it requires
both parties to have the addon installed...which is an IS issue, and I'd
rather not go that route.

Are there any programs people can recommend which work in conjunction with
all versions
of Outlook, so a message can be redirected (not forwarded) at will,
manually, where
the receiving party does not need any special installation, and which works.

Thanks alot,

Ari