[thelist] Applets Exploding in Netscape 6

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Mon Feb 12 12:18:29 CST 2001

One starts out as follows:
<.APPLET CODE="lithicscroll.class" alt="Introductory scrolling text"
width=365 height=90>

<.PARAM NAME=font VALUE="Arial">

Another begins:
<.applet vspace="10" code="SimpleMessage.class" alt="Scrolling topic banner"
width="510" height="40"
    style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt">
      <.param name="backColor" value="000000">
      <.param name="foreColor" value="DC143C">
      <.param name="MessageFile" value="SimpleMsg.txt">

Another begins:
<.applet vspace="10" code="SimpleMessage.class" width="510" height="40"
    style="font-family: Times New Roman, serif; font-size: 12pt"
codebase="_fpclass/">
      <.param name="backColor" value="FFFFFF">
      <.param name="foreColor" value="0000A0">
      <.param name="MessageFile" value="_fpclass/SimpleMsg.txt">
    <./applet>
This is the one on one of my client's home pages ... and the one I'm most
concerned about.
Don't know. I thought they were java applets.
What do you think?