[thelist] Cold Fusion problem

Robin Hastings hastingsr at mrrl.org
Wed Feb 14 10:42:33 CST 2001

> Robin,
>
> > It seems the desc (a memo type field) is giving me the syntax error.
>
> DESC is also a reserved word in SQL ( used in the ORDER BY command, for
> descending).  Change that, like you did for date, and you should be fine.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Chris Evans
> chris at fuseware.com
> http://www.fuseware.com

Yes - that did it - and it explains (I think) why the darn thing just all of
a sudden stopped working. I had recently ordered the categories (by ASC, not
DESC) and that must have caused the confusion. Thanks to everyone for their
help!! I owe a tip - I'll have to send it later though - my brain is on
vacation...

Robin Hastings
Webmistress - InterTec Designs
robin at intertecdesigns.com