[thelist] SSI Help

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Feb 14 14:40:49 CST 2001

You can use any kind of path you want with SSI. However, a relative from
root path usually works best as it can then insert itself into any file on
that URL and work just fine.

relative from root paths looks like this: "/path/foo.html" as you have
below.

If you're having trouble getting your ssi to work then maybe it is the way
you are calling the ssi?

Make sure that the document which references the include has that reference
written properly like this, with no space:

<!--#include virtual="foo.ssi"--> or
<!--#include virtual="/foo.ssi"--> if it's at the root or
<!--#include virtual="/dude/foo.ssi"--> if it's in the 'dude' directory.

Does that help? If not... a sample URL for us to look at would probably be
best.

- amanda