[thelist] SSI Help

sarah disaster7 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 15:56:03 CST 2001

What you said is exactly what I'm doing and it doesn't
work in the subdirectories. I can't show you the URL
because its internal but I can try my best to
illustrate what I'm doing:

The file I want to include is /inc/footer.ssi

The files in the root (the only file is /index.html)
work fine with:
<!--#include file="inc/footer.ssi" -->

The files in sub directories (/dir/index.html) do not
work with anything I've tried. I know you can't use
../ and absolute paths. I've tried both of these and
neither of them work.
<!--#include file="/inc/footer.ssi" -->
<!--#include virtual="/inc/footer.ssi" -->

Again its Netscape Enterprise Server4 SP 2 on Solaris.
I get [an error occurred while processing this
directive] where the footer should be.

Anyone have an idea what the issue is?