[thelist] multipart/form-data and IE5 for Macintosh?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Feb 14 17:31:44 CST 2001

Jason Morehead wrote:
> >Possibly an issue everyone knows about? we have a form which works
> >everywhere (Netscape 4, IE5, etc) but in Mac IE5 busts for some reason.
> >
> >Is this a known issue with problems in <form enctype> values?
>
> i haven't noticed any problems with IE5 handles multipart/form-data.
> what does your form look like?

<form method="post" action="act_processasset.cfm"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
...(some inputs, textareas, select/options)...
<INPUT TYPE="file" NAME="newFileName"
ACCEPT="image/jpeg,image/gif,image/jpg">
...submit...
</form>

The thing is - we have a multipurpose form which works in:
	Windows IE5
	Windows IE5.5
	Windows Netscape4.76
	Macintosh Netscape 4.72
This multipurpose form *always* has the enctype set and none of the
browsers above have a problem except
	Macintosh IE5

And *of course* the folks we're working with use almost exclusively
Macintosh in their print/video design shop. :-(

Hints? Tips? Mac IE5 Bugs pages I can look at?

Any and all help would be appreciated

The version we're testing with is: 5.02 (2022) (according to About
Internet Explorer)

	- Joe
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com