[thelist] YAY! my first javascript application works!

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Wed Feb 14 21:25:00 CST 2001

> > From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>
> >
> > just noticed this too.. Kiki's image doesn't open for me :(
> >
> > mozilla .7 win98 & linux

Bummer...forgot about those openWindow functions that were obliterated in
the last round of 'update all pages using this template'...its been long
enough since I worked on this site that I forgot that the template didn't
use that function...I think the last time I worked on this thing, I vowed
never to open it in DW again.

I vow that again...

> same here... IE5.0/win98... too bad, cuz she's a hottie...

lemme know if you want mackin' 300dpi EPS versions :)

<tip type="dreamweaver">
as unbelievably lame as it is, DreamWeaver won't let you script pages that
are based on templates/ Well...it will, as long as you enter the scripts in
another editor...and NEVER update the pages based on the template again.

OR...

You could put all of your functions, arrays, etc in an external .js file,
and include them in the template as <script language="javascript
src="your_scripts.js"></script>

But remember that you'll still blow away all of your event handlers that are
in uneditable regions in your pages...

For me the solution has been to use DW sparingly in the development process.
I've found that its easier for me to just do it in HomeSite after I have the
shell built, than to learn all the required stupid workarounds.
</tip>

John Corry
principal ...
Neon Cowboy Design - http://www.neoncowboy.com