[thelist] international friendly form

Charles F. Johnson charles at littlegreenfootballs.com
Thu Feb 15 13:49:34 CST 2001

Joe Crawford <jcrawford at avencom.com> wrote:

> I forget when - but I remember in the early days of the web actually
> *turning off* javascript to get through a form process with overzealous
> JS validation.
>
> Yet another reason not to rely on JS for *all* your validation.

i agree, for the most part.

one place javascript can be useful, though, is to avoid a "feature" of
Explorer, which will activate the 'Submit' button if Return/Enter is pressed
while the focus is on a single-line text field. i use code that just puts up
an "are you sure?" prompt when the form is submitted; started doing this
when we saw lots of people submitting incomplete forms...

charles johnson
lgf web design
http://littlegreenfootballs.com