[thelist] Tip o'the day (x2)

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Feb 17 04:35:18 CST 2001

> At the same time, there are millions out there who don't give
> a hoot what
> browser they use, are afraid to download, or are within a university,
> company, or organization where changing browsers takes
> practically an act
> of congress. So it's not an easy thing to crack, that's for sure.

Which is exactly why we have to *show* them that their browser is out of
date and *encourage* them to upgrade it somehow.

If we continue to support older browsers by painstakingly recreating and
recoding our designs, there's a significant danger that the paying
client will gravitate towards the cheaper (because she's standards
compliant) designer.

Educating clients on cross browser compatibility will eventually sound
like a *magic* way to increase the fee - how long will they stand for
it?

Act NOW!

Educate, Inform, and standardise.

Before it's too late.