[thelist] MY SQL SERVER IS DEAD!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

JR jr_junk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 16:35:20 CST 2001

A couple of days ago, I set up IIS to log to SQL
Server so I can track a MIME email campaign.
I did evrything that this article stated:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q245/2/43.ASP
It was working fine...logging, etc...

I then got sleepy and turned off my machine.

When I turned it on the next day, my SQL Server was
there but refused to talk to me.
 (sounds like my girlfriend sometimes ;-)  )

Basically, the server is their...it's running...but I
can't connect!!!!
Not with DSN...Enterprise Manager...ASP...etc.....

When I try, I see various error messages:

(attempt connect with Enterprise Manager) -
"An error 1056 - (An instance of the service is
already running) occurred while performing this
service opertaion on the MSSQLServer service.

(I then click OK and get this) -
A connection could not be established to MYSERVERNAME
- SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
ConnectionOpen (Connect())..

Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL
Server registration properties (by right-clicking on
the MYSERVERNAME node) and try again.

(I then click RIGHT CLICK and get this) -
"An error 1056 - (An instance of the service is
already running) occurred while performing this
service opertaion on the MSSQLServer service.

(I then click OK and get this) -
A connection could not be established to MYSERVERNAME
- SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
ConnectionOpen (Connect())..

Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL
Server registration properties (by right-clicking on
the MYSERVERNAME node) and try again.

AND SO ON!!!!!!!!!!!
(Viscious circle of errors!)

(attempt connect with DSN) -
Connection failed:
SQLState: '010000'
SQL Server Error: 2
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared
Memory]Connection Open (Connect()).
Connection Failed:
SQL State: '08001'
SQL Server Error: 17
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL
Server does not exist or access denied.

(Attempt to connect with ASP) -
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error
'80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL
Server does not exist or access denied.

/retlaw/Massmail7.asp, line 19

Does anyone know what the hell is going on???
I even tried to unistall/re-install....with NO
LUCK!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks...John
jr_junk at yahoo.com