[thelist] Tip o'the day (x2)

Jake Stetser jake.stetser at headhunter.net
Mon Feb 19 09:11:36 CST 2001

I agree with you here, but you'd be surprised at how many people will use
this as an argument not to make a "break with the past" and go with web
standards (because of a mistaken belief that they have to shut out users)
while at the same time coding their IE for Windows sites and asking why they
really need to support Mac users and Netscape users, because their duty is
to serve the economic interest of their employers/clients and "Mac users and
Netscum users are almost non-existent."

As I noted in my other post on this topic, I believe that standards can be
achieved without shutting out users if one is willing to let people see a
less than "beautiful" site.