[thelist] ALT pop-up

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Mon Feb 19 11:28:41 CST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:18:52 -0800, Aaron Cole wrote:

>I'm all for accessibilty, but I've never understood the need for the pop-up
>box. It's obviously not for the blind.

I am often using Netscape Navigator 4.08 with image loading turned off
(page load speed reason). I appreciate when ALT text is present on web
pages.
If the image box is smaller than the text length, no ALT text is
displayed, however the pop-up box takes place helping with orientation,
even if it takes some extra effort with the mouse.

Best wishes,
	Cristi