[thelist] Design Resolutions

dannyB dan at the-plate.com
Mon Feb 19 12:34:15 CST 2001

>I've noticed myself less concerned with designing for a screen resolution of
>640x480. From  my understanding the standard has been 800x600 for over a
>year now, how important is it to make sure that sites look ok on 640x480? Is
>the user percentage worth the trouble?
>
>Annie

A lot of clients have weird perspectives.  A Flash site I designed at
800x600 was deemed "too big" for their screens - 17" monitors at
800x600 resolution.  No matter what I did, they wound up insisting
not only that the page show up at 640x480, but that the movie be
formatted as "exact fit", i.e. stretch-o-vision, so that "if the
viewer wants it bigger, he/she can have it bigger".   I swallowed
hard, hoped for the best, and made a good site for them.  I just tell
people to stretch it in proportion...