[thelist] Design Resolutions

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 20 11:07:28 CST 2001

<aphelan at confederationc.on.ca>

> ' you really shouldn't ask us what the 'standard' is '
>
> is it just me or does that kind of defeat the purpose of evolt? aren't 'you'
> the exact people i should be asking for design advice?

it was really a rhetorical statement... after watching hundreds of
threads about screen resolution, which to design for, who's running
what, etc., the only thing everyone has ever agreed on is that you
should start looking to your users for the answer...

what we can do is guide you... i posted links to a couple articles
that addressed how i researched it for my own site... other people
have talked about how they surf... the people on the list did offer
advice...

even if it didn't quite sound the way it was intended...