[thelist] Design Resolutions

aphelan (Andrea Phelan) aphelan at confederationc.on.ca
Tue Feb 20 11:19:09 CST 2001

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? User's to my sites in general, or
users to each site in question?

In the case of users to my sites in general, can't it be assumed that a
generalistic view of the wide variety of sites each designer is monitoring
has generally the same user behavior as the next? In this case, I'm asking
for that general behavior. I have researched this on my own sites the vast
majority of users are running 800x600 or higher, so I'm looking for a
broader viewpoint.

In the case of each site individually, I can't very well predetermine my
audience and poll them. The site needs to be created and in place before I
can start establishing who's using what configuration. In which case I need
some kind of standard to base my site on. Thats what I'm looking for.

There must be some kind of standard to this. Are we still catering to the
640x480 users, and are they worth the catering?

Annie