[thelist] Design Resolutions

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 11:48:54 CST 2001

> There must be some kind of standard to this. Are we still
> catering to the
> 640x480 users, and are they worth the catering?

You cannot answer this question in a definitive once and for all way.

If you want to make the decision that you will make your site for a
800*600 browser window, you're probably doing what most designers
currently do, but you need to answer for yourself the following
question:

What will my site look like in a smaller window than the one I designed
it for?

Will my intended user mind scrolling sideways?

Am I okay with that?

Only you can provide the answer.

Best of luck

Tony