[thelist] Good CGI/Perl books

Marty Landman marty at face2interface.com
Tue Feb 20 16:03:40 CST 2001

At 03:42 PM 2/20/01, you wrote:
>For all the programmers out there,
>      I'm thinking of picking up CGI Programming with Perl by Gundavaram
>and Guelich (O'Reilly). Can anyone share their experiences with this book
>or recommend any others?

I started with the camel book, (Programming Perl), also by O'Reilly. It's
deep imo but also a handy reference when beginning the language.

You might also check out the CGI/Perl tutorials I wrote on
http://thecgibin.com which starts simply with stuff like counting scripts,
does a cookie script and finally a back-end admin type transaction for
customizing your httpd error messages.

Marty

Web Site Content and Design Management Made SIMPL  (tm)
Use The Demo   :...:..:.   http://face2interface.com/Home/Demo.shtml