[thelist] Javascript: printing and executing?

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Feb 20 19:10:40 CST 2001

Joshua & Shifra,

> The list it did work on is shorter, in fact: Netscape 4.x and 6 for PC and
> Mac; IE 5.x for PC.

	Netscape implemented the print() method in JavaScript 1.2, which
means it should work in all versions of Navigator and Communicator 4.x and
higher.
	Microsoft implemented the print() method in IE 5.0. It's
documentation claims that it applies to IE 5 for the Mac, as well. But then,
it also claims that it applies to the 16-bit version of IE 5, and I've never
heard of such an animal. (Not the first mistake I've seen in MS
documentation, btw. :) I would say that your testing is the most reliable
indicator of support on the Mac platform.

> function doStuff(command) {
> stuff = "window."+command+"()";
> }

	Joshua, look into the eval() method: