[thelist] CSS ? size of text input

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 21 00:14:26 CST 2001

> From: Michael Collins <mcollins at kuwago.com>
[...]
> <input type="text" name="field" value="" size="30">
>
> How do I calculate from a size specified by the HTML size attribute to
> the CSS width so it will appear the same size as in:
>
> <input type="text" name="field" value="" size="30"
> style="width:?;">

well, the 'width' attribute is supposed to be based on the number of
characters, and as a result is dependent on things like <font> tags,
CSS, user preferences, etc....

i'd try using a % of the container first, and if that doesn't work, well,
i dunno...

in the comment fields on the evolt.org site, you'll see
style="width:100%", and that seems to do pretty well...