[thelist] mouseovers with layers??

Jason E. Burk jasonb at halstead-architects.com
Wed Feb 21 10:30:27 CST 2001

Adrian Fischer wrote:

> is it practical or feasible to have layers connected to a mouseover.  I have
> a client that saw on a site some mouseovers that were headings (as images)
> that changed to a lots of more text (as image).  I could do this for him but
> Ive told him that this is not a good thing?!  ( on his site they would be
> big images)

i created a page using this technology.  not terribly clunky, but all hand coded
to fit the situation.  i never did anything with the content, but the design
guidelines are there.

it makes me proud, so anytime i can use it to promote the layer rollover effect,
i do.

http://www.bsu.edu/World2000/research/burk/

click on the purple image [ thesis ] and then click on enter to bring up the
browser window.  then view source.  enjoy.

jason
j a s o n  e . b u r k
HALSTEAD | architects
[ 317.684.1431 ]