[thelist] [javascript] popup window changes parent?

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Feb 21 12:08:42 CST 2001

I know this can be done as I've seen it before but a week of searching has
turned up nothing -- hoping the evoltians can help!

I have a pop-up window with some text and a link for "more info" at the
bottom. When the user clicks "more info," I want the parent window to change
location (to the page that holds the info) and for the pop-up to close.

Popping up the window is no problem and of course closing it via a link is
no problem -- where I'm getting tripped up is, naturally, figuring out how
to call that parent window. It needs a name, right?

Any help very appreciated!

- amanda