[thelist] flash v HTML +

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 21 13:19:42 CST 2001

> From: "Charlie Ulyatt" <charlie at broadway.org.uk>
>
> out of curiosity.. (and as a non user of Flash) ... when given the
> option between entering the HTML or FLASH version of a site .... any
> idea of what percentage goes where...???

hmmm... i have no sites that do that, but the logs of those that do
would be interesting...

> Also... think this has been mentioned before, but what is the max
> number of pixels in web design, that allows all print to appear when
> printed (presuming that I'm using a fixed table width..)..???

depends on margin settings... assume 1" total margins, which for
U.S. viewers leaves 7.5", which at 72ppi comes out to 540 (perfect
for WebTV design)... at 96ppi it comes out to 720...

IOW, it can be a lot less... .5" margins are common... but who
knows what people have set...