[thelist] From PHP to...?

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Wed Feb 21 15:10:12 CST 2001

> I guess that at the end of the day, server side Java can accomplish pretty
> much anything that can be accomplished with other forms of serverside
> programming. I guess that if one is predisposed to programming in Java (or
> is used to C++) then it's a wonderful environment. What I'm very unsure
> about though is whether serverside Java can do anything extra that would
> make it worthwhile for the non-Java programmer to change over. I would like
> to hope so, but in all the conversations I've ever had about it I've not yet
> heard one single point that would make me consider taking the time to learn
> it.
>
> I would LOVE to hear of some really good reasons though. Perhaps someone
> here has been programming in this environment long enough to be able to
> explain what the advantages are?

Object-oriented.

'nuff said.

If you get out of the [one script] = [one page] mindset, you can make things
SO much easier on yourself. Kind of like super includes. If you need more
explanation, Steve, shoot me an email privately (just *cough* thank me in your
book...   ;-)

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com