[thelist] From PHP to...?

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Wed Feb 21 15:59:57 CST 2001

>  > So, to anyone on this list who knows both languages/platforms and possibly
>>  even made this jump him/herself before: can you tell me what changes (in
>>  terms of development paradigm) I can expect when I move from PHP to Java?
>
>Everything. Except ending statements with a semi-colon. Java is
>object-oriented. Some people call PHP object-oriented, but no one has ever
>been able to convince me of that.

 From the perspective of someone just starting to look at the core of
Java I'm finding the marked similarity between Java and PHP's control
structures quite comforting too. That and the semi-colons and it's
almost like being at home.

But the other difference that I'm looking forward to is being able to
choose from several different IDEs. Not that one necessarily would --
but that you could is nice.
--
Andrew Forsberg
http://www.thepander.co.nz