[thelist] Overriding Default CSS to No Font?

Ben Dyer ben at imaginuity.com
Wed Feb 21 16:20:27 CST 2001

Situation:

Have CSS definitions set up to apply the default fonts to P,LI,OL,TH and TD

Things were going great until I created a form and the fonts applied to the
text boxes as well (as they are also within a TD).  I tried setting up a
class to have no font information apply to it, but I realized that this
wouldn't always work (nor would it set the font size back to the default).

Then I thought about setting the font-family just to Serif, but that
apparently doesn't always work in Windows (Windows chooses the wrong
font/size): http://css.nu/pointers/bugs.html

Does anybody have a workaround for this?  Is there a
font-family:none;font-size:none or something?

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive
http://www.imaginuity.com