[thelist] From PHP to...?

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Wed Feb 21 16:56:12 CST 2001

> Java is also really secure,
> so if you're worred about the security of your
> server (theoretically, server-side scripts have
> access to your entire server and could be made to
> serve the Emperor), Java is a good way to improve
> this problem.

Just a note about security...

The language has very little to do with how secure an application is. It's
nice to have some stuff built in, but I can make two applications, one in ASP
and one in Java, and have the ASP application more secure than the Java one.
Just want to make sure people realize that writing something in Java doesn't
make it secure. You still gotta write the app with security in mind, I'm
afraid.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com