[thelist] From PHP to...?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Feb 21 17:05:12 CST 2001

Jay Greenspan wrote:

 > Any Python people out there? I've just starting looking at it, but it
seems
 > to combine many of the nicer aspects of Java (quality 00
implementation) and
 > PHP (it's interpreted, so it's not strictly-typed).

Ya, I've been dabbling with Python for about a year and a half now.. The
lists.evolt.org
web interface for everyones mailing list options is actually written in
python,
which testifies to its ease of use. Many
of the yahoo.com sites are also written in python, which also testifies
to its scaleability
and performance..

I like the whole OO'edness of python because it was super easy to pick up
from a C++ background. I also love the fact that it ties into the OS so well
(no matter what OS you're using btw).

All in all, its a nice step between a PHP or CF and a C++ or Java for
web development.

.djc.