[thelist] DNS caching? Tips to override, refresh DNS?

T.Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu Feb 22 08:25:14 CST 2001

I know nothing about the technical end of DNS & Propagation, but what I do
warn people is that it can take awhile and that, for whatever reason, they
will be the /last/ ones to see their site at its new home.

For the non-technical, I like to compare domains to speed dial on the
telephone -- the number behind the speed dial is what gets moved and now we
have to wait for all the other *telephones* to re-program their speed dials.

Dan, anyone, is that even close? And, thank you for explaining why it takes
up to 48 hours for this to happen. I know it happens, I've had to sit
through it. But, now I'm getting a little better idea of why.

~t abbey~