[thelist] Cross Browser Cacheing

Sowers, Matthew (CSC) Sowers at VOLPE.DOT.GOV
Thu Feb 22 10:46:14 CST 2001

Is there any way one can force a browser to only cache certain images/objects in a web page?

We're thinking about running a page using layers of stacked GIF89s and only generating certain of those images dynamically.

To better speed up the load time we were wondering if there was some sort of flag we could incorporate into the page.

Kinda like "Cache this image, don't cache this one" type of thing

Sorry for being obtuse on this one, and tips forthcoming,

--Matt